Monday, February 17, 2014

Blog Post #23: Week of Feb. 10-14 Reflection

Last week, we swiftly wrapped up our tragic hero unit with our poster presentations. These went very well and they were very interesting and well done. I particularly liked the Alex Supertramp poster from the movie Into the Wild. This group did a great job of decorating their poster and adding symbols and meaningful items. For example, they wrote the hero's name in twigs, and had flowers around this. These items make the audience feel the wildness of the movie and lack of society that is the premise. I liked these presentations and I think they helped me get a very firm grasp of the topic that I would not have gained unless exposed to this many examples.



On Thursday, we shifted gears and focused on another very dark topic: hell. We will be studying Dante in the following weeks and his in depth description of the nine levels of hell. This includes who can be placed there, and what punishments are included in the package. Looking at a map of Dante's Inferno, some of the punishments are very gruesome and terrifying. For example, I would hate to have to live eternally in a pit of boiling tar and pitch, with flying demons hooking me with sharp barbs. This will be an interesting topic and although it is very dark, I hope to gain something out of it, as I'm sure I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment