Monday, February 10, 2014

Blog Post #20: Reflection on Week of Feb. 3-7

Unfortunately, I was terribly sick four of the five days this past week, and was not able to join my classmates in 7th period LA. I know, though, that we worked on our tragic hero posters most of the time. I was in school on plan day so I am excited about our poster and I think it will turn out quite well. We have incorporated many of the many symbols from the movie into our poster. We have the name of our hero written in electricity, as this is the main attraction of the magician's act that leads him down his terrible path. We also have a ball that bounces down on our pictures that represents his tragic fall. This also signifies his tragic flaw, which is obsession, and jealousy.


The next step in this project is the inevitable presentation. We started this on Friday and will continue this week. I am not all that concerned with this part of the assignment because I enjoy relaying my knowledge and explaining something others may not know. This was a really cool and interesting movie (The Prestige) and I have a want to present so that others may become interested in it as well. I have enjoyed the presentations so far and, like I wish to do, I have become interested in some of the films and will now seek to watch them. All the posters look very well-done an artistic. I think our class worked very hard on these projects and it looks as though our work has paid off.

No comments:

Post a Comment