Monday, September 30, 2013

Presentation Post

This project on the Hero's journey was, for me, quite enjoyable. We got to apply an idea to a movie, which made the process go smoothly and without much stress. My group decided to do our project on The Life of Pi. The process of getting everything done was somewhat hectic, because two of the four in my group had sports, including myself. This meant we would miss work-time in class on multiple occasions. Because we could only work in class on our posters, this added some stress. But I think we handled it well. We came in during tutor time and we talked out of school to correlate our thoughts even though some of us wouldn't be present.

I thought a lot of posters in our 7th period class turned out wonderfully. I, having spent a lot of time with it, especially liked my group's poster. I was very proud of my group and how we quickly agreed on a layout and got to the decorating swiftly. We added tiger stripes in the background to represent Richard Parker, the tiger, and then in the middle added an iconic scene with the glowing algae. As I viewed other groups' presentations I noticed very good things about their posters, as well. For example, one group displayed significant artistic ability, depicting the cartoon characters as if I were watching the movie. Another had creativity, and added yarn to represent the flowing locks of Rapunzel. Overall, I thought the class did very well on this project and I enjoyed viewing the works of my classmates.


No comments:

Post a Comment