Sunday, September 1, 2013

First Post: Favorites

I have read many books throughout my scholastic career. Starting with children's books with pop-out pictures and crudely drawn characters, I have slowly but surely advanced to intricate novels with specialized character development and deeply inlaid themes and morals. Up to this point, my favorite of all the books I have immersed myself in is 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, by Jules Verne. I love this particular author, because of his writing style, his great stories, his delightful characters, and his unnerving plot twists and cliff-hangers. The mystery that comes with every one of his novels, and especially in this one, is intoxicating and addictive. I can't help but read one more page, and then one more. I have read 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea multiple times now and frankly, it never gets old. Even though I know the plot line, i still thoroughly enjoy the prowess and literary mastery that Jules Verne puts into all his works.

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=2abtTgAPnsU


My favorite dinner has long been spaghetti and garlic bread. This has been a staple meal in my family for most of my life. It has become a part of my family's culture, and everyone gets excited when it is on the menu. The hot noodles with parmesan and spaghetti sauce explode in our mouths, and the soft, starchy supplement  of the bread makes it all the better. We love it with a burning passion and have preached its tastiness to most of the people we know. Through our recommendations, we have assimilated countless people to our way of food-religion.

Video:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rszu3-NsLc4

No comments:

Post a Comment