Thursday, October 24, 2013

Satire Presentation Reflection

The presentations in class were very advantageous to me in the attempt to understand he complexities of satire. I really enjoyed watching and laughing along with my class. I thought many of the examples were great, and watching them under the context of satire allowed me to analyze things through a different lens. For example, I had never thought of the "Undecided Voters" clip from "Family Guy" was satire, but now in the right context I see there are many examples in my daily life that are satire. Overall, the presentations were extremely beneficial to me not only in class, but out in the world as well.

I thought one of the best satire examples was, as previously mentioned, the "Undecided Voters"  clip. This was extremely funny and also was a great example of satire. It was a more obvious version of it, but it was still effective in getting its point across. I also liked John Oliver's three part series about gun control in the U.S. and Australia. It was funny because John Oliver is completely comfortable with insulting others and acting like an idiot.


No comments:

Post a Comment